* At the evening meal General Caladrian himself welcomed the arriving caravan members, and with great enthusiasm asked for volunteers for a dragon hunt the next morning.
* Regdar managed to get a job being the personal protection for Leilara Galusha on the dragon hunt.
* Thoradin met with Caladrian himself, and was invited to help himself to anything he could find in the armory. He found a small, magical weightless buckler that gives +1 to AC.
* Regdar found a library and managed to get a very old map of the surrounding area describing three ancient yuan-ti cities within two days ride from the fort.
* As Thoradin and Redgar were about to turn in late into the evening, a rumbling stirred the fort and a huge fireball crashed through the wall ahead of them killing a guard and opening a hole to the outside, through which they saw thousands upon thousands of Orcs preparing to storm the fort.
* The civilians were evacuated to the dungeons for safety, and Thoradin and Regdar followed Caladrian to the main gates as a battering ram attempted to break down the doors.
* Another fireball blew a hole in the wall near the doors, and the Fort Guard along with Caladrian and the PCs moved to try to plug the hole before the orcs arrived.
* A ceiling collapse separated the PCs from the others, and just as Caladrian yelled at them to return to Baldur’s Gate to warn them, he was run through.. the rest of his men were quickly overwhelmed.
* The PCs decided to save the civilians, the managed to lead them backup to the main hall, but they encountered a small group of sappers including Orc Infantry, Orc Slingers, and the mysterious leaders of the groups of orcs, a Shadow Sergeant
* By the skin of their teeth they defeat the sappers, and move the large crowd of civilians through the stone walls of the keep even as the fireballs keep thundering against the stone. They raced for the docks, hoping to escape on the same ship they arrived on just hours earlier.
* As they make the last mad dash for the docks, orcs finally pound open the doors and pour through the burning courtyard, desperately trying to kill anything they can find.
* And finally, just as the last of the civilians board the ship, Thoradin and Regdar, along with two guards they picked up along the way fought off the very first orcs to reach the docks and manage to get on board the ship just as it leaves the dock.
* The dawn starts to rise just as they stare back at the burning ruins of Castle Caladrian falling far behind, and even over the ocean breeze, the PCs could hear the triumphant roar of thousands of orcs on land signalling the final fall of Fort Baludrian, also known as ‘Castle Caladrian.